TODAY, BATTERIES FOR STATIONARY STORAGE HAVE BECOME A COMMODITY, BUT.....
How to reduce the duration, complexity and cost of the installation?
- Today: battery are mainly transported in specific packaging and mounted within container on site.
- This leads to high complexity and long duration installation.
How to design a system that can evolve over the years to maintain the capacity?
- Adding batteries capacity into an existing installation after several years of operation is a major issue with the standard battery container approach.
How to reduce carbon footprint and environmental impact ?
- Production of the battery is not the only part of the CO2 emission.
- Transportation has a big impact. Waste management on site is a challenge.
Based on 110 years of battery manufacturing and integration, Leclanché introduces a new concept
- Modular and scalable concept
- Integrated auxiliaries
- Plug & Play: easy to interconnect
- Simplified logistics
- Fast installation on site
- Easy battery capacity augmentation
Fast installation on site
Minimal environmental footprint
ComponentsDifferent blocks to build LeBlock™. Energy storage installation with LeBlock is as easy as playing with bricks.
- High density lithium-ion batteries including fire suppression system.
- 744 kWh with LFP technology.
- Interconnection and protection of the batteries
- High efficiency temperature management for the batteries
- Selection from tier 1 supplier
Energy Management System (EMS)
- Control and monitoring of the entire energy storage system.
How do you build your Energy Storage System with LeBlock™ ?
Logistics, Installation and Augmentation
Assembled in group of 4 blocks, transported as standard 20 FT container.
Blocks are directly transported; battery mounted to the final site. Cost and CO2 emission reduction.
Blocks are easily put in place in group of 4 or as single unit to reach the expected energy capacity.
Blocks are easily interconnected on the top using prefabricated flexible connectors.
Blocks can be easily reconfigured to allow augmentation of the capacity.
OUR APPROACH TO SAFETY
Fire Resistant Construction
Enclosure walls with 90-minute fire rating with lockable doors and door sensors ensure safe operation by personnel.
Fire Detection & Suppression System
Gas, smoke and heat detection with automatic activation to detect and suppress a fire to prevent it from spreading to the cells
Emergency Stop Function
Controlled shutdown can be manually activated by first responders or automatically triggered by internal safety features and battery anomalies detected by the Leclanché EMS.
To detect faults such as short circuit to ground and safely disconnect the batteries.
The LeBlock concept is designed to meet UL and IEC standards. The system is certified UN38.3, UL9540A, IEC62933, NFPA 855, and more.