The Occupational Safety and Health Administration requires the implementation of a noise monitoring system when sound levels are at or above 85db. This sensor will enable you to implement such a monitoring in a simple and cost effective way.
Data centers can produce noise levels of 70db at the lower end of the scale and up to 88db+ at peak moments; clearly above the OSHA limits. To be effective, sound sensors should be deployed across the data center and at head level.
There is no cure for hearing loss due to noise levels. Monitoring can help you get an understanding of those sound levels and take the steps needed to prevent hearing loss.
The WHO (World Health Organization) recommends noise levels of up to 30 decibels in hospitals. However actual levels may be much higher than that. The measured levels impact the HCAHPS scoring. Using our simple IP based sensors, healthcare facilities can objectively monitor noise levels across their hospital.
– sensor accuracy ±0.5db
– sensor range from 25db to 130db.
– monitor noise levels as per OSHA requirements
– monitor HCAHPS noise level compliancy
– “A” weighted decibels sensing
– compact plug & play sensor.
– designed for indoor use.
– steel enclosure.
– industrial grade.
– 0u rack, DIN rail or wall mountable sensor.
– plugs into the base unit.
– powered by the base unit.
– alerts via SNMP Traps, email or SMS.
– integrates over IP using Modbus TCP, SNMP, XML, JSON with other systems.
– integrates over RS-485 using Modbus RTU with ICS. Requires optional add-on.